Have you set your goals yet for 2017? If you’re anything like me, you’re SO FREAKING READY for the new year, with all of the exciting plans, potential and opportunities.
BUT WAIT! Don’t rush forward too quickly and miss out on all of the wisdom and learning you’ve received this past year!
WHY, you ask?
Come, consider these ideas with me:
- What if everything in your life happened FOR you, instead of TO you?
- What if it ISN'T all random, but instead you were being GUIDED?
- What if everything that happened in the past, and everything that’s happening right now in the present, is actually a ROAD MAP, showing you what to do and where to go next?
- There’s simply what IS, and then there’s what we make it MEAN. It’s all just a loving invitation from God to LOOK WITHIN.
What if everything that’s happened this LAST YEAR, is helping you see where you need to go and what you need to do NEXT YEAR? Pay close attention to the signs, they ARE there!
Regardless of how “good” or “bad” the past year was for you, look at it! You may be surprised by how much CLARITY this gives you around what’s actually needed to successfully move forward. Not only will you LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES so you don’t continue making them, you’ll also get to feel super PROUD of what you’ve accomplished, and THANKFUL for all of the gifts you received this year. We’re often in such a rush to get to our next step, that we don’t stop to relish in the experiences we’ve been given.
So before wrapping up 2016 and entering into a brand new year, STOP and REFLECT back. Go back and do some gold-digging. Clear the deck and make sure you really set yourself up for MAJOR SUCCESS next year.
Look back at the major events, seasons, themes, and highlights of last year, and ask yourself:
- What worked?
- What didn’t?
- What did I learn?
- What needs to change?
- What do I need to stop, start, and continue doing?
Sometimes when we are in the THICK of a situation, “good” or “bad”, we can't see it as clearly as when we’ve made it through to the other side. You may notice from the place you stand now, that you are able to have a different perspective than before.
Leverage what you’ve learned this past year and ask yourself:
- How will I use all of this to grow into a better person?
- How will I use all of this to guide me forward?
- How will I use my past failures to find my future success?
And finally, the most important question you can ask yourself before stepping into 2017 (in my opinion!):
WHAT ARE YOU READY AND WILLING TO LET GO OF?
What have you been HOLDING ONTO that no longer serves you? What’s HOLDING YOU BACK from stepping into the best version of yourself and your greatest life?
… A limiting belief, job, relationship, resentment, grudge, embarrassment, expectation or disempowering story?
Out of love for you I say:
It’s time to let it go…
It’s time to move past it…
It’s not worth keeping around any longer…
Because YOU my friend, have big things ahead of you this next year. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible for you.
Cheers to you, 2017, and the blank slate now before you!
Was this blog post helpful? If so, share it with your friends!