Regardless of the life season we are in, there always seems to be a problem. The Problem I’m talking about is one of the greatest struggles we face as humans. It manifests itself and shows up in ALL different kinds of ways. It creates drama in our minds and in our lives like nothing else.
The outermost layer of The Problem may show up in your life like this:
- You work 50 hours+/week at a job you don’t like.
- You stay in a negative relationship.
- You overtrain and under-eat because you don’t like your body.
- You take care of everyone else but rarely take care of yourself.
- You overspend your money on material possessions.
- You worry about your appearance and what others think.
The next layer down, The Problem says this:
- “I’m not good enough.”
- “I’m not capable.”
- “I’m not worth it.”
- “I don’t matter.”
- “It will never work."
- “There’s something wrong with me.”
What’s The Problem? What’s causing this tornado of problems, pain, and drama?
YOU DON’T LOVE YOURSELF. You don’t believe in yourself.
Think about it. Really look at your thoughts and actions. Do you truly love yourself? Do you show it? Practice it? Live it?
You obsess on the outer picture, display, and appearance of your life, but not on the unseen journey of your spirit happening inside.
If you TRULY loved yourself, as you love so many other people in your life, you would treat yourself very differently, and you would be living a very different life.
What would that life look like for you?
You may think:
- “I can do it.”
- “I am worth the investment.”
- “I believe in myself.”
- “I am worthy of love.”
- “I deserve better.”
Your life may look like this:
- You set up boundaries for yourself around work.
- You schedule personal time for yourself to have fun and be still.
- You allow yourself to dream and research new job opportunities.
- You sign up for a program and invest in yourself.
- You know what feeds your soul and you prioritize that.
When we love ourselves, we make the space, set the example, and inspire others to do the same.
You may think it is the selfless, humble, and right thing to do: to love and put others before yourself. Yes, you’re right. But NOT before you love, believe, and fill your own heart first.You have no real love to give if you do not first love yourself. If your cup is empty, how could you give the true love that others so desperately need?
Love yourself, please. It’s the greatest gift you can give to the ones you love.
When you focus on the solution to The Problem, the very core of your problems, they all begin to shift and change at once.
With this insight, what needs to change in your life?
How could you truly show love to yourself?
Incase you have forgotten, let me remind you:
You are love.
The more you love yourself, the more you let yourself be who you already are, and what you were always created to be.
You, yourself, are love.
Go give it. Go be it.
From my heart to yours,